Part
1: Getting off of work is the best part of my day.
As I drive home I think about the plans for the evening. I
proceed to park my car and walk to my dorm. I'm getting ready for the
night, when I get a call from a very close friend She
states that there is a man standing by my car with a knife in his
hand. I immediately take off running toward the parking lot.
My car is now in sight but I do not see anyone near it. I
slow down to a jog, and then to a walk. The sound of rustling
is heard. I slowly creep to the passenger side of my car and
see two men wrestling. I recognize one of them. It's
Superman! In shock I whisper,"....Superman." I then
notice that two of the tires on my car
are slashed. Superman had come to stop this menace. He turns to
look at me, keeping the man pinned down with ease. "Young
Lady, I caught this man in the act. I will have him thrown in
jail. Unfortunately, he already got to two of your tires."
Superman grabs the man by the back of his shirt and begins to bound
over the buildings of Monmouth. I see that Superman has dropped an
envelope that contains three hundred dollars. There is a note
inside it that reads, "I hope this covers the cost. Be
safe out there." Superman had done it again...and this
time it was for my benefit.
Part 2: One point
in my life where I experienced nostalgia was this summer, while I was
a camp staff member. During camp, we were not allowed to have our
cellphones on us. This cut off most contact we had with our family
and the rest of the outside world. I longed to talk to my mother.
She is the person in my family that I am the closest to. She gives
me advice and just informs me about what is happening in our house.
Without this contact, I did not know about anything that was going on
with our family. My mom is the tie between me and my family while I
am away. This tells me that I should begin to get closer to my dad
and brother so that they can inform me about events that are
happening around them, instead of my mom telling me all the news.
I like that you chose Superman and how in the end he dropped the money, which shows how selfless he is. He was not only willing to stop the man, but also willing to help you out in a different, unexpected way.
ReplyDeleteI liked your example that you used for your fictional suit, and the fact that you used Superman's selflessness as the interaction. I can also definitely identify with the way you stay connected with your family. My dad is the one I keep in the most contact with whenever I'm away from home. I'll use the same advice you took from the article to strengthen the relationship with my mom and sister.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about not being able to use your cellphone and wanting so bad to talk to someone. I often go to a very remote cabin in Northern Wisconsin where I have no cellphone service. Sometimes we will go in the woods for a week without any outside contact. It is tough when you want to know what's going on at home!
ReplyDelete